Smart Parking System Designed by using the Arduino for University park
Due to the rapidly increasing density of vehicles, especially during rush hours of the day, it is a difficult task for drivers (students and teachers) to find a parking space to park their vehicles. This article proposes a Smart Parking system that provides the best possible solution to the parking problem in the University. The purpose of the Smart Parking system is to solve the predefined problem. This system uses a simple microcontroller and an inexpensive sensors that is used to control and allow the user to either enter the park or not, depending on the available parking spaces. Thus, the user is not made to wait unnecessarily. The technology used in this system helps to reduce the cost and human effort.
2.Willson , Richard W." Suburban Parking Economics and Policy:Case Studies of Office Worksites in Southern California". Washington, D.C: Federal Transit Administration, University Research and Training Program,1992Print.
3. Clinch, Peter J., Kelly, Andrew (2003), Temporal Variance Of Revealed Preference On-Street Parking Price Elasticity, Department of Environmental Studies, University College Dublin (www.environmentaleconomics.net).
4. John Bradky, Orange County Transportation Authority, 1991. “Parking Management and Implementation Manual.” Garden Grove: Orange County Transportation Authority project in university of south Florida.
5. benefits of smart parking solution ; Available from:
6.Hinze, D., 2000." Italians drive for smart card parking in major cities".
7. Callum Rhodes, William Blewitt, Craig Sharp, Gary Ushaw and Graham Morgan. “Smart Routing: A Novel Application of Collaborative Path-finding to Smart Parking Systems” . Business Informatics (CBI), 2014 IEEE Conference on volune 1, 2014.
8. D. J. Bonde , Rohit S. Shende, Ketan S. Gaikwad, Akshay S. Kedari,Amol U. Bhokre. “Automated Car Parking System Commanded by Android Application”, (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, volume 5(3), 2014.
9.Lee, S., D. Yoon and A. Ghosh, 2008. Intelligent parking lot application using wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems, May 19-23, 2008, Irvine, CA.
10.explain about ArduinBoard; Available fom:
11.Cui Shiyao, Wu Ming, Liu Chen, Rong Na . “The Research and Implement of the Intelligent Parking Reservation Management System Based on ZigBee Technology”. Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA) , pp. 741-744, January 2014.
12 . Alan G. Smith, September 30, 2011 , Introduction to Arduino.
13.Servo motor and motion control using digital signalhttps://www.sciencebuddies.org/science fair,projects/project_ideas/Robotics_ServoMotors.shtml